Saturday, September 5, 2009

Food

I have been really nervous to feed Gavin solids. I think that I just didn't want him "dependant" on anything but me. But alas, the day has come. On Thursday, Mike & I wanted some shakes from Artic Circle, so we took a drive to Saratoga Springs. On our way home, I was sitting in the back seat with Gavin, I really don't remember why, but I was & he was just so interested at the spoon going to my mouth. I didn't think he was ready for "spoon fed" food, so just to check out my theory, I put the spoon in his mouth & he knew exactly what to do with it! So yesterday I decided to buy some Rice Cereal & this morning I mixed up some BM & Rice Cereal & feed it to him. He LOVED it! He did a couple tongue thrusts at the beginning but then got the hang of it & ate it right up!


Gavin's first time in his high chair


First feeding...today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for solids!! It is quite the experience! It is fun to make your own to. Ethan loved sweet potatoe and squash and it is so so easy to make and freeze in ice cube trays. and cheaper... Good luck with the new adventures of solid.:)

Jami Berry said...

That's so good that he started solids so easily. I'm still putting off starting Emma on solids. She's an exclusive nurser and doesn't like taking anything orally (like the vaccines or pain medicine), so I'll wait a little longer to try.