Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ultimate 72-Hour Kit

I found this somewhere online & decided to copy and paste onto a Word Document to have it so I can start getting us some 72 hour kits ready. I decided I should post it here to for everyone who reads my blog that is interested as well. It is the BEST and the EASIEST 72 hour kit I have found.

Here is the list of contents you will need for each packet. The packet is good for 2-5 years, depending on where you keep it and if it gets opened.

Ultimate 72-Hour Kit

3 packs of instant oatmeal
3 packets of hot chocolate
2 granola bars
3 beef jerky sticks
4 apple cider packets
3 packs of Ramen
2 small cans of fruit (lunch sized fruit cocktail things)
9 pieces of small hard candy (like a pack of Life Savers)
1 small pack of gum (no peppermint flavor)
2 fruit snack type food (this can be fruit roll-ups small boxes of raisins, fruit chew snacks...)
1 plastic spoon

If you plan to do multiple kits, you times the above amounts by the number of packs needed. You will need to store a gallon of water per pack for cooking some of these items and another 2 liters per person per day in your completed 72 hour kit. I would guess that if you can find an appropriate substitute for any items that you don't care for on this list, you could include it. Remember this is just for emergency purposes, so you can't put a lot in your kit. Also, I cannot stress that you do not put anything peppermint in your food pack. It will permeate all of your food pack and it isn't very good.

So there it is...Good luck if you are going to start on yours as well. I am hoping to have 4 72-hour kits ready by the end of March!

No comments: