Monday, July 29, 2013

Buckle Fracture

It has been a busy weekend.  Yesterday was Mike's drill weekend so I was with myself with the boys.  We were getting ready to go to church and I was finishing the stuff I needed for my lesson in Young Women's.  We went outside, I remembered I needed to get pictures, so we went back inside. I thought I had everything and so I opened the garage door for us to go back outside, and out the boys went.  I remembered there was another picture I wanted in the dining room so I turned back to get it and heard crash, screaming and crying. I thought at first it was Greyson, but then nope, it was Gavin.  We came inside, I got mad at him for rushing down the stairs because that is when people get hurt, gave him some Tylenol and we relaxed on the couch for a minute.  He just kept complaining about it.  I called Mike on my way to Church and asked him if he could come home after telling him what had happened.  We went to Church and he was still sad and saying it hurt.  He told me he just didn't want to feel his hand anymore.  Right before my lesson started, Mike showed up and took the boys home (Thank goodness)!  When I got home from Church Mike said we needed to go get it checked out.  We got the the ER about 5:15ish and went the rounds with them.  They were actually pretty busy.  We got a "room" and Gavin went back for an X-Ray and flirted with the X-Ray tech telling her "You are cute."  Oh my, what a ham!  We got the X-Ray back and he has a Buckle fracture right on his right wrist.  They splinted it and said he has to wear it for 4 weeks, nonstop.  At least it will be off before Preschool starts :)  So he is on lots of Motrin for the pain, the splint and rest for 4 weeks.  Hopefully it heals properly.  And no more running down the Garage stairs.

No comments: