Tuesday, January 18, 2011

24 Weeks


First lets talk about the details. I gained 4 lbs and measured 23 cm which is normal. At the ultrasound the baby's heartbeat was 143 bpm & he measured a 1 lb 11 oz. He is also measuring right on now as opposed to last time he was measuring a week late. Growth Spurt?

This Pregnancy has turned my life, my whole way of thinking an "easy" pregnancy can be upside down! With Gavin I truly did have a great, easy, wonderful pregnancy. This one has been quite the opposite! Right off the bat it was a Shocker, then I tested positive for Group Strep B which means that I have to have Antibiotics while I am in Labor. On top of it all I have been sick since about 6 weeks to about a couple weeks ago. At our 20 week Appointment our Ultrasound Tech didn't get a good reading of some stuff so we had to go back and get a new reading. I went and did that this week and discovered that everything is perfectly fine with our little Miracle Boy #2, but the issue is with me. With Gavin's delivery he tore the placenta and it started to deliver before him, which was a worry for the Dr. and Nurse. I didn't fully understand the worries of it then because Gavin came and was perfect, and everything with me worked out great, no complications. With this one it seems that I am headed in that same direction, but this Dr. is much more concerned about it then the last. My placenta is only .55 cm away from my cervix, it should be at least 2 cm away to have a natural vaginal delivery. I will go back in 4 more weeks again for another reading and if it hasn't moved by then I will most likely have a C-Section. I am kind of thinking at this point that if I had the same issue with Gavin and it is happening again, that it most likely won't move up. Whew...that is a mouthful! We will keep you all updated on the progress and what will likely be the outcome of getting our Little Guy #2 here! Sorry for so much information, but need to record it for family history! Enjoy the 24 week picture and my big belly.

1 comment:

Felisha said...

I had the same experience with Preston but it moved enough away that delivering was ok. I hope it moves and you can have an easy, smooth delivery.