Friday, February 11, 2011

28 Weeks

I am officially into my third trimester! Only 12 weeks left...give or take (probably and hopefully take) We went to the doctor this week for our check up and to discuss the placenta issue. His theory and thinking is that between 20-30 weeks it is most likely to move. Which is true in my case because at 20 weeks it was 1.25 cm away from my cervix and at 24 weeks it was .55 cm away...talk about a move! So we will have another ultrasound at 30 weeks to see where it is measuring. Doctor says it is less likely to move after 30 weeks because the baby is growing and pushing it into its place and taking up all the left over space in my belly, it really has no where else to go but to stay in the place it lands at 30 weeks. After that ultrasound I have another appointment with the Dr. to discuss that ultrasound reading and we will go from there. If he feels it is necessary, we will do another ultrasound at 37 weeks to get that reading and another one at 39 weeks (If I make it that long, I didn't with Gavin) and decide from there. I have also been put on a limit light duty type of schedule. I am not supposed to lift heavy things, taking it easy and if I start "pouring out blood" as the Dr. put it, to go straight to the hospital and call him on our way. Oh joy. So that is where we are at. If I were to go into labor right now, I would have an emergency c-section because my Dr. won't deliver me with how close my placenta is. But we will just have to play it by ear and see if it moves and is 2 cm away from my cervix for a vaginal delivery. In the mean time, enjoy my 28 week picture. We are getting closer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! That is hard - and having a little one makes it even harder - but you look great and I hope everything works out for the best.