Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Remembering the Red & Blues

I don't know what made me think of this, but I thought I would "journal" some of our most memorable run-ins with the police!

The day I had Greyson I was "speeding" through construction on I-15, not really paying attention to anything, because 1- I was tired & 2- It was my last day of work before I would have a baby & get 6 weeks maternity leave. I looked in my rear view mirror & there was red & blues. I pulled over & was greeted by literally the nicest Utah County Sheriff possible. He asked me where I was going, why I was going so fast & asked me to slow down for my precious cargo I was about to deliver & to save ourselves $500 from speeding tickets! Thanks Mr. Officer!

Coming home from AZ on our honeymoon we were coming through the canyon right before you get to Page & Lake Powell. Mike was of course speeding, and we passed a police officer headed the other direction. He quickly turned around and pulled us over. We explained that we were on our honeymoon and were headed home to move into our new place and start our new lives together. He let us off with a written warning...that warning is in our wedding album!

In March 2008 we took a vacation down to AZ to hang out with Mike's dad & got to the Rein Festival and fun stuff like that. We were almost to Lake Powell and of course, you guessed it, Mike was speeding. There was amazingly enough cars in front and behind us that were going the same speed as us and the police officer was headed in the other direction, but he pulled a U-y and started passing cars...until he got to us. We were for sure he was going to pass us as well because there were cars in front of us also, but to no avail! He pulled us over. He asked us where we were going and all the fun questions. And of course, he let us go with a warning!

About a year ago, Eagle Mountain got a stop sign out in City Center by the new Stake Center Church Building that was built. One night at about 2 in the morning, Mike was coming home from work from Home Depot. He stopped at the stop sign then continued home. He passed a Utah County Sheriff around the bend a little bit after the stop sign. He pulled Mike over just to verify that he stopped at the new stop sign! We think the Sheriff was just bored, because he didn't know either way if Mike stopped and just wanted to chat it up with him. Silly Sheriff!

So there you go! Slow down kids! You won't always get off with a warning!

No comments: