Friday, May 3, 2013

May 3rd

I don't think I have ever blogged about my May 3rd experiences. So, let's get that right out in the open right now, shall we?

My first May 3rd experience was in 2008 when I just a week before found out I was pregnant with our first baby. I woke up that Saturday at 1 am with the worst cramping pain ever and a lot of bleeding. We went to the ER where we were told we were having a miscarriage. Holy punch you in the gut and turn the knife. After that, we were determined to have a baby! That Mother's day was really hard, that I remember my Mother-In-Law telling me that next Mother's day I would be a mom.

Fastforward to May 3rd, 2009. That was a Sunday and we just had a beautiful first baby boy 7 weeks earlier. We blessed Gavin that day. What a great comeback from the year before. I didn't really catch the irony of the day until later, but I remember thinking how thankful I was for that year, that I could learn and grow and validate that day with a better experience and remember that day on a better note!

Now lets travel to October 2010, I am pregnant for the 3rd time and we find out our due date...You guessed it, May 3rd, 2011! How special to have another great experience to celebrate this day with. Greyson wasn't born on May 3rd, but it was still a rememberance of this day and where we started and where we are now.

I am so thankful that I have had the experiences with this day, good and bad. I am glad that they have turned into good experiences and not all bad and that when I think back on this day, I remember the good things instead of dwelling on the bad thing that started this experience of Parenthood we have been on. I love my little guys so much and am so thankful for them. And I am thankful for Mike and the partner he is to me with the boys! Here is to many more GREAT experiences on May 3rd!

No comments: