Monday, January 5, 2015

New Years Day

On New Years Day, we had a great day playing with our Christmas Toys, Shopping and exchanging some Christmas stuff we had gotten and playing as a family.  That was bath night and when Greyson got in the bath, I was washing him and he said showing me his left leg, "Mom, this hurt me last night."  It was bright red and swollen and had white in the middle.  It looked like a spider bite that was infected.  He wasn't crying, just saying that it hurt.  So, to be on the safe side, I took him to the ER.  Of course, because we still haven't paid the balance we owe on the Thanksgiving ER trip yet (oops, need to pay that!)  When we got there, it was SO BUSY.  And I looked at his leg, and it didn't look as bad as when we left, so I felt like a loser.  Everyone was sick and miserable and Greyson was running a screaming around everyone.  It was great.  We finally got back about an hour after we got there and left about 3 hours after we first arrived.  The Dr. determined that it was a burn of some sort, like a rug burn.  But I don't know how he would have gotten it randomly on the middle of his leg.  So they asked that we keep it covered because he was scratching it and they didn't want it to get infected.  They gave him an antibiotic as well.  It looks so much better now!


No comments: