Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Flat Tire

I was on my way home from work yesterday with the windows rolled down, because it was a beautiful day.  I was on Pioneer Crossing and just pass the new Holiday Oil on 500 West when I started to hear a funny noise out the window.  Then my car started driving a little sluggish, so I decided I had better pull over.  Pioneer Crossing is a busy road and people are whizzing by me like it is no big deal, so I got out the passenger side, to see that my back passenger side tire was flat.  And by flat I mean, 3 big holes in the tire.  Great!  I call Mike and he grabs tools and 20 minutes later is with me and doesn't have the right tools for the tire.  So we drive back to Mike's work, get the right tools and drive back to the car.  The jack is being difficult (because we forgot to put something in front of the front tire so the car wouldn't roll off the jack) and it makes is harder that we are right next to the curb.  We finally get the car jacked up, the flat tire off and the spare on.  When we release the jack, the spare tire releases all its air!  Dang it, the spare is flat too!  So we drive the car off the busy Pioneer Crossing to the school on 1700 West and take the tire to Discount Tire.  I drop Mike off because it is 5:30 and they close at 6 and drive home to pick up the boys.  We head back to Discount and get there at 6:30 $115 poorer, but with a new tire!  We head to dinner at Chick-Fil-A and then drive to change the tire.  As soon as we got there at 7:15, the tire was changed in 15 minutes and we were on our way home!  We got home a little after 8, put the boys' jammies on and put them to bed! Yesterday was a crazy day!


No comments: