Tuesday, March 17, 2015

School Update

Lets have a School update for Gavin and I, shall we?

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from Fortis College telling me that I wasn't chosen for their April 2015 Dental Hygiene program.  I had a minute of poor me, but then I remembered that I wouldn't be able to go even if I did get in and I have other plans for school now.  There must be something better out there waiting for me.


Also yesterday, Gavin got a letter in the mail from Orchard Elementary in Orem accepting him into their Dual Immersion Spanish Program for next year.  On his birthday, we received an email from BlackRidge Elementary in Eagle Mountain accepting him into their Chinese Dual Immersion Program for next year.  We got a phone call on the 3rd of March from Harvest Elementary in Saratoga Springs stating that he wasn't selected into their Spanish Dual Immersion for next year.  But he got into two programs.  We had a decision to make.  Gavin has been very vocal since January about Spanish, so it was really a no brainer for him to do Spanish.  So we have committed to the Orchard Elementary Spanish Dual Immersion Program for next year.  Luckily it is right down the street from my work, so I have signed him up for the 9:15-3:30 school day.  Now I need to figure out what to do with him from 7-9 AM in Orem... and Early out Mondays...


No comments: