Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Update - Health

Here is an update on our Health...Ready?

Gavin - Is still peeing every 30 minutes. We did the finger prick and it came back in normal range. So we had to catch his pee for 24 hours to test for stuff...That test came back normal while we were at Legoland. So now, we have to meet with a Pediatric Urologist to see if there is a blockage. If there is not a blockage, then we will check Neuro next. On the 24th of April he got Strep, but that cleared up quickly with some antibiotics. Other than that, Gavin is good! (PS) - While we were on vacation, he didn't pee really that much, so I don't know if it is all in his head or what is going on.

Gavin with Strep - He was so excited to wear a face mask
Greyson - We are finally getting him Dental Insurance FINALLY! That will start June 1st so I will get him an appointment with a Dentist that will sedate him and will take our new insurance. He is still on the acid reflux medication which is helping so much. He hasn't had a choke or hold food in his mouth and not eat for a while episode in a while. YAY! Everything else with Grey is great!

Garett - Isn't talking much and the doctor is concerned about it. He wants me to work with him this month to get him to say more words. He has words Mama, Dada, Hi, but he would only say them when you said them to him first and repeat them. Now he is saying these words when he wants us or sees us and he is saying Hello and signing More, so that I think is an improvement. In July when I take him to his 18 month well child check, I will see what the Dr. thinks then.

Mike - He is good! Healthy and Happy! YAY! At least someone is!

Me - I had Bell's Palsy at the end of April, a very mild case of it thankfully. It started out with everything tasting like wax, then my right eye started twitching, then the right side of my mouth started twitching, then the bone behind my right ear started hurting and the right side of my face started to go numb. I couldn't feel anything on my lips and when I would rub them together, it felt weird. I couldn't wear my contact in my right eye too, it would be fuzzy and weird. So I started some steroids and that helped bring my face back! YAY! And I am now back to normal. Hopefully that doesn't happen again!

My Bell's Palsy face

No comments: