Friday, June 19, 2015

Montana June 2015 Part 2 - Grandma's Funeral

Grandma's Funeral was on Friday, June 12th at 11 am.  We saw her in the casket and she looked very beautiful like Grandma to me and peaceful. The funeral was very nice, Mom did a great job of the Eulogy and  Uncle Robert's talk was great as well. After the Funeral we had the luncheon and the boys wandered off and found a baby raccoon hiding by the church. I meet some people that my mom and dad grew up with and heard some fun stories as well as Grandpa singing. That was nice!

At 3 pm we went to the Graveside service and it was nice. The boys of course jumped on all the headstones (sorry dead people) and Uncle Hy dedicated the gravesite and pictures were taken and goodbyes were said. You were always so nice to us and helpful. You always wanted to talk to us and find out what was going on in our lives.You made the BEST Chipped Beef and Toast and I always craved it for months after we would leave Montana. We didn't spend much time with you because we lived in different states, but I loved the time we did spend together and I'm sorry I didn't get to see you before you passed, I was trying to make it up for the July Reunion to see you. Until we meet again, Grandma!

The boys and I after the funeral
The baby Racoon at the church
The siblings with Grandma
Grandma's final resting place
Grandpa's headstone

No comments: