Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Little Re-Cap

Here's a little re-cap of my life.

20 years ago... I was 5. I remember my little sister Cathy being born, I had a new best friend Kammi, who I am still really great friends with today. Ben (my brother) & I probably fought a lot! We probably watched a lot of TV. I remember Care Bears & Smurfs. Funny! We also just moved to West Valley, where I would spent the next 12 or so years of my life.

10 years ago...I was attending Hunter Junior High in great West Valley City. I was in 9th grade, so getting ready to date & go to High School. Probably a big 15 year old brat to my Parents & siblings. Getting ready to Drive. Wow...I don't really remember much. I remember gym class, I loved it because I got to play basketball with the boys. Playing with the Girls wasn't as much fun because they weren't that good...I was...I thought!

5 years ago...I was 20 in Cedar City dating a guy who I though I could marry...but didn't, but he really lead me on! Going to College at Southern Utah University. Probably the worst yet best learning years of my life. I still have many friends that I meet there that I am still close with.

3 years ago...Mike & I had just gotten married & moved to Sandy. We had been married for a little over a week. We were settling into our apartment & trying to make it home as well as getting to know each other...in a living together situation. Mike worked at Triumph Gear Systems in Park City & I worked at FastBucks in West Valley as the Store Manager. My parents still lived in West Valley, but were getting ready to Move to New Mexico, my dad would move in April & my family would move in June.

1 year ago...Mike & I had been married for 2 yrs, & had lived in our house in Eagle Mountain for a year. We have had Bear for a year also. Mike worked at FireTrol with his brother Chuck & didn't really like it. He was also going through Fire Fighter 1 Classes & preparing for EMT Classes. I had worked at Provo Canyon for about 6 months & growing there. Just living & loving life as best we can.

So far this year...We have already taken a vacation to Arizona to visit Friends & Family, we found out Bear has kidney failure & we have decided to start really fixing up our house. We also decided to start really thinking about starting a family...that doesn't mean we are trying, we are just really considering what we need to do to get ourselves ready, as ready as we can!

Today...Wow...I am working my butt off at work (as if you can tell...I am blogging instead of working) We are trying to do a conversion to a new system so I am trying to clean up accounts as well as my other responsibilities. Mike is now working at Home Depot in American Fork and loving it. We are trying to get him more schooling, if we can get some money help (you know how it is). Bear is not doing to good. He has kidney failure, but has had a couple good days & we are doing what we can to prolong his life. We are looking to start a family in the future, if that be next month or next year, we don't really know. We will just have to wait and see.

Later tonight...Go to the Vet & get Bear his special Food. I will go home & start dinner, Mike will come home & we will discuss our day & probably watch us some Lost! Then bed to get ready for Friday & the Weekend!

Tomorrow...FRIDAY! We will both go to work, then go home & plan our weekend. Whether it be starting another redecorating room project or planning Easter!

This year...We have our annual white water rafting trip coming up in June, we are going to get Bear healthy. Fixing up our house & many other great adventures. Mike will continue to go to Fire Fighting & EMT school in hopes of finally getting on with the Eagle Mountain FD! I will turn 26. It will probably be another crazy YEAR!

1 comment:

jeffcam said...

Hey There Alicia,
I was so happy when you wrote me. How in the heck are you and what's new? You look so cute and happy. :)

Email me sometime also
cambra@dreambuilders.com

I'd love to catch up!