Friday, October 8, 2010

Surprise


So we are pregnant! We are due the beginning of May. Just for reference & remembering, I thought I would write down how we found out & fun things like that, so we don't forget. It was Friday the 13th. I didn't think I was anywhere close to ovulating, so we didn't think anything about it. The next day I had thought about getting the Morning After Pill (don't judge me) but thought everything would be fine. I was supposed to start on the 31st of August, so I wasn't planning on taking the test until September 1st if I hadn't started. On Monday, August 30th something just told me to ask Mike to buy a pregnancy test on his way home & I would take it in the morning just to have peace of mind. Tuesday morning I woke up late, took the test really quick & jumped in the shower. The whole time in the shower I was thinking, when I get out it will say "Not Pregnant" so stop worrying. You will start today & blah. I got out of the Shower & read the test & it said "PREGNANT." I freaked out! Called Mike into the bathroom & started hyperventilating. He kept telling me "everything will be okay" & "it will all work out." He seriously didn't think I was pregnant & said it isn't right, take it again tomorrow. He thought I would start that day. Well, I didn't! I took the other pregnancy test the next day & hopped in the shower only to get out to the same thing "PREGNANT." Mike asked me how I was when I came out of the bathroom & I said "still pregnant." Hehe.

So there you go, that it the story of our 2nd baby! I am getting more & more excited everyday, but I am still freaked out! We will have our 1st OB appointment on the 18th, so we can't wait for that & for the new update posts on our new addition!


This is me at 8 weeks with all my Gavin Baby Fat!

6 comments:

Jami Berry said...

Congratulations! I'm sure everything will work out fine for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. Keep us posted.

Brandon and Julie said...

congratulations, that is so exciting!!

Christy said...

That is so exciting Alicia! Congrats!!!

Jennifer Karyn said...

YAY!!! That's so great!! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for baby #2!! I am so happy for you guys!