Friday, June 13, 2014

Garett's Dairy Allergy

I don't even know if I blogged about this yet or not, so here we go.

In March we took Garett to his 2 month well child check and he was super congested around that time, so we discussed it with the Dr. He said that Garett probably had a dairy allergy so I needed to cut out dairy.  I did that and it seemed that things were getting better, he wasn't congested anymore, then all of a sudden in the middle of April, about a month after his 2 month well child check when I cut back on the dairy, Garett got a wicked rash on his forehead and was super congested again.  We took him back to the Dr and found out he has eczema and that I really need to cut out dairy, and if it continued, we needed to look at different things.

I cut it out as much as seriously possibly could and things got better again. Then the middle of May, Garett started waking up in the middle of the night when he hadn't been doing that forever, and waking up every 2 hours to eat. It seemed like I wasn't feeding him enough.  I wasn't getting sleep, I was tired, and couldn't have dairy.  I tried everything to bump back up my milk supply, but it seams that we are now going the way of Formula (which is expensive by the way to this mom that has only breastfeed 2 children for over a year!)

So, he is still half on breast milk and half on Similac Sensitive Formula and is doing great.  He is sleeping through most of the night and no more eczema or rashes and is gaining weight and growing like a weed.  This third boy of mine has been quite the rebel, he sure has stood out from his brothers.

The eczema on his forehead

Formula (Thanks mom and dad!)

No comments: