Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Greyson's Hand

I hope we don't ever have to go through this ever again! On May 12th, I was cooking dinner in the kitchen and Greyson pulled up a chair to "help" me. I has just turned off the stove and moved the rice from the burner and turned around to the counter to shred the chicken for dinner when Greyson started asking me a question. I answered his question and then all of a sudden he was screaming bloody murder and holding his right hand up for me to look at. I immediately knew what happened.  He put his hand on the burner and burnt it.  I ran it under cold water and put Aloe Vera from our plant on it, but he freaked out for about 2 hours after it happened.  We asked our neighbor to come help give him a blessing and then Mike took him to the fire station to see if we needed to go to the hospital, because we were getting different opinions about it.  We finally did decide to take him to the ER and they looked at it and said it would be ok, but we needed to have his Dr. follow it to make sure it healed.  We had weekly appointments for his hand after that through May and we are very glad to say that it is looking and doing so much better.  He does baby it sometimes, but we are happy it is passed us and we are back on the road again.  Warning...Yucky pictures...
The top left is his hand the day after, the top left is day 3, bottom left is 2 weeks after and the last picture is last week so 3 weeks after.

This was the morning after it happened all wrapped up
And after his first Drs. visit, wrapped way better.

No comments: