Friday, June 6, 2014

Wallenberg Family Update

So, see, this is what happens.  I get busy, and crazy and don't update the blog. Then my mom calls me and drops the hint "update your blog."  Ugh, I know, I am so busy.  Here is an update...followed by Gavin's birthday update, Garett's blessing update, Greyson's birthday update and all three of the boys' well child check updates...how is that...Maybe some Easter too, and we can do a quick post on the crappiness that was MAY!  Let's start with a Wallenberg Family update, shall we?

Garett: Oh my, He is a chunk. He stopped sleeping until 4 a couple weeks ago which lead me to believe I wasn't making though milk, so I started supplementing the last feeding of the day with Rice Cereal.  We started with 5 ounces of BreastMilk and 1 tablespoon of Cereal and we are now up to 7.5 ozs and 4 tablespoons just to get him to sleep to 4 am! Crazy right? Since that started I have basically lost my milk and he is eating everything I have stocked up in the freezer as well as formula now.  He is on Similac Sensitive (in case anyone wants to buy us some...it is expensive...) and seems to be doing well when we give it to me.  He has a whole Dairy allergy which I am sure I haven't posted about because it has been 3 months or so since my last update.  He is still in 3-6 month clothes but I think we will move him up to 6-9 month clothes this weekend, size 2 diapers until he runs out of those and likes to splash in his bath!  He has found his hands and likes to suck on them and find toys with them. He is sleeping in his own bed until his feeding when I feed him and we go back to sleep.  It is so nice to have him in his own bed :)  His Dairy allergy makes it so he is gassy and fussy a lot, but we are working through it.  I think we are going to move to Formula next week, so hopefully it gets better.

Greyson: He is in 24 Month and 2T pants and 3T shirts.  He is still in Diapers (size 5). We have been trying to work with him on potty training and he gets really excited for it, but then when it comes time, he doesn't want to do it anymore.  He is a good, for the most part, eater.  He likes French Toast Sticks, Cereal, Pop Tarts, Pancakes, Sausage, and Chicken Nuggets.  He talks really really well. He knows all his ABCs and is starting with the sounds they make and writing them.  He knows his colors and shapes.  He is a big temper tantrum thrower though.  We love that.  He has to go to sleep with the light on and a sippy cup of juice.  He is just a funny kid.  He is the bully and most of the time is hurting Gavin.  He loves Garett and loves to kiss and hug him and help him.  He did burn his hand on May 12th, it was not a fun time but it has been almost a month and his hand is so much better and not wrapped anymore.  He also had 2 hospital visits in May, one for a fever for 3 days that didn't go away and for his hand.  We visited the dr. 5 times in May and everytime, he was seen. It was a crazy busy month.

Gavin: He finished his 2nd year of Preschool and is excited and ready to go to Kindergarten.  He is doing well at the potty training thing and even at night.  Sometimes it is rough, but he makes it most the time.  He knows all his alphabet of course, all the sounds they make, a lot of his numbers and is starting to sound words out to read.  He is a big helper with his brothers.  He did get sick in May and had a fever to end the month, and also had a rash, but nothing as bad a Greyson.  He is sleeping in his twin size bed and really wants to get bunk beds...We will see.  He is not really an eater but likes all the breakfast foods and chicken nuggets too.

Mike: He is still at K&A auto in Lehi.  He will be going on a military training from June 10-21 so we will miss him then. His new calling is Bear Leader in the Cub Scouts and he likes it for the most part. He has been thinking about going to school for Nursing, or his A&P license, but we will see what he decides to do.  Nothing really other then that new for him.

Me: Lost my milk, my new calling is Nursery Leader...And I love it!  I think with the stress of May, lack of sleep, all the sickness and not being able to eat like I have in the past because of the Dairy Allergy, it finally caught up with me and I am losing my milk slowly.  It has been a struggle.  Last weekend I had horrific Allergies as well, so that didn't help my situation with the Milk. Other than that, I am just plugging along.  I am looking at a Dental Hygiene school in Salt Lake and will apply for admission for next April, so hopefully that will help us. We are slowly but finally making a dent in our debt, which is also nice.  We will have the Durango paid off next month and next will be the Credit Cards with the small balances and then we can apply that amount to the credit cards with the bigger balances and hopefully be in a better financial situation at the end of the year.  I am excited about that!

Stay tuned for more posts...hopfully this weekend!

No comments: