Friday, April 4, 2008

Oh What a Week

So if you read my weekend recap post, you would have know that I needed to go shopping last weekend for new work "Business Professional" clothes. I found 3 pairs of nice dress pants, a nice dress shirt & a jacket to match a pair of pants. We bought all of these for under $100 & I was extremely pleased this week wearing them & getting all different compliments. But what I have found out is that I am the only one who has done something different with this new dress code. Everyone is still wearing the same things...& if I say so myself, they are not very "Business Professional." Anyway, I am just glad that I spent the extra money to make myself feel better & become more Business Professional.

Also, my boss asked me today if I had any "big" plans for the weekend...I told her no, just sitting at home & watching conference. My Boss isn't LDS, but she never ceases to amaze me. We talked for about an hour about conference and how she is excited about Pres. Monson & his first Conference as President & Prophet of the church. She was excited to watch it as well, which got me thinking. You can't even get Members of the LDS Faith to sit down & watch, but this little Catholic boss of my was going to take a whole weekend out of her life to watch this.

I just realized that there are chances & opportunities all around me for knowledge & love & faith & I wonder if I take every chance that comes along...& I don't think I do, because I am scared of the outcome. I just wanted to take a minute of my ranting to tell everyone that reads this to take a chance on Faith or Religion the next time it comes up & I will do the same, & together, maybe we will make our life, or maybe even the world a better place.

No comments: