Wednesday, October 15, 2008

IDEAS!

Okay...I need some Ideas! In 13 days I find out what we are going to have...a boy, or a girl! We find out at 3:30pm (well, that is when the appt. is) So I am leaving work early & won't be back until the 29th. At my place of work, we are all really creative (well I try to be) so I need to find a creative way to tell everyone what we are going to have. I have thought about a banner or sign to put on my Work door, but someone suggested that I have a cake or cupcakes with pink or blue frosting or saying "It's a girl" or "It's a boy." I don't really know what to do. I have just under 2 weeks to figure it out, so if you have done something like this before, or have an idea, please let me know! I will let you know what I decide to do! Thanks for your help!

2 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Hmmmm....

If you do a cake you could frost it white but have the actual cake either blue (food coloring) or pink. That way it would be a surprise until you cut into it.

There's some "it's a girl" or "it's a boy" jelly belly packages. I'm not sure if you'd have to special order them though.

Maybe there's some pink or blue diaper pins that you could pin onto something... a small card announcing it or something?

There has to be pink or blue bubble gum, or suckers. Even Pioneer Party has little tiny tootsie rolls in various colors. Maybe make up a bunch of little bags filled with colored candies.

Depending on your budget, think of things that signify girls and boys and find a little something to go with it. Like lipstick or a baby doll or a tiara.... vs. a baseball bat or a hotwheels or a football. You could probably find a pack of tiny things, like for party favors, and do something with them??!?

I've never done anything like this, so hopefully those ideas aren't dorky. I'm so excited to find out what you're having!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you really get to find out what you are having! When we had our apt to find out, the Dr. just couldn't get a good view so we had no idea till about three months before he was born. Good Luck!! You can also order M&M's and personalize them so you could do either pink or blue M&M's that say either baby boy or baby girl. We are excited to hear what you decide.