Friday, May 8, 2009

Blessings

I have may blessing I am so very thankful for! I beautiful baby boy whom I love & miss very much every day! My wonderful husband who stays at home during the day, doesn't get any sleep & works nights so that one of us can always be with baby boy Gavin! My family who traveled a long way this weekend to be with us as we Blessed baby boy Gavin! Mike's family, who though some didn't travel as far, made the sacrifice to be with us on this special day, especially when it was their first time as a family going to church together in 8 months! Mike's dad who did travel far & let us get at least a 3 Generation photo of Wallenberg "men." (Hopefully soon we can get a 4 generation photo with Mike's grandpa)

I have so much to be thankful for & I have so many blessings in my life. This last weekend, last year, we were mourning the loss of our "baby" at 6 weeks. That same day, one year later, Mike was able to give Gavin a Name & a Blessing. What a difference a year makes & with faith & prayer, our lives change, & for the better! What a humbling & special experience! The morning started off rough, Gavin only slept 30 minutes in 5 1/2 hours & he wasn't eating good all morning, so I thought for sure that he wasn't going to have a good time during the blessing. We gave him some medicine & placed a heating pad on his tiny belly to relax him about 12:30pm & he finally went right to sleep! He slept until about 3pm, so right through his blessing! We are so very thankful for that!

After Sacrament meeting, we all went back to our house & had a great luncheon with family & friends. Thanks everyone for sharing this special day with us! We love you all so much & are so thankful that you took time out of your busy lives to share with us!


1 comment:

Kelly Hill said...

Beautiful!

I'm so sad that I wasn't there for his blessing. Two of my kids were sick. Ugh. I'm so glad you were able to have such a wonderful day with family. What a blessing a new baby is.