Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Year Later

On this day last year, I called in sick to work (even though I wasn't) & took Mike to the Navy Recruiting office in Provo to be sworn in as part of the Navy. We then drove to Salt Lake & I dropped him off at a Hotel down there for him to stay the night before heading to Illinois for Basic Training. I can't even believe it has been a year. We have made it through some big obstacles! 1 year down - 5 more to go!

I am grateful for the option we have that the Navy gives us. If something were to ever happen, if we were to lose a job or something that way, we can always go into the Navy full time for added security. We would have to move to a coast & there is more possibility for Mike to be deployed, but it is always nice to remember that we have a back up plan just in case something happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how fast time flys right on by! I bet having your loved one in the military would be so hard some days - mostly when he is gone - but that is nice that you have a back up plan. Spencer has told me that if things got really bad for us that he would join because they take care of you so I understand (a tiny bit) of where you are coming from! Good luck with the next few years!