Monday, June 9, 2008

Another Weekend Update

Word up homies...Back to blogging again. Lets jump into this week & weekend, shall we?

Mike has decided to join the Navy, I know, I know. So Thursday night he spent the night in Salt Lake to take the ASVAB test & Physical for them. There was a bit of a snag, so it didn't happen, he is hoping to join in July & then be shipped off in August to Chicago for Basic training. I will keep you updated on this as it progresses.

Friday night we went to a Viewing for my Brother-In-Law wives youngest brother, he was 27, 2 months younger than Mike. He passes away on May 29th in a rollover car accident in Colorado. What a sad day. After the Viewing, we went to dinner with Kevin, Kammi & Kahlin. What a sobering night, from death to friends, family, laughter & fun. Our lives can change so dramatically in just a couple of minutes. Thanks Kammi & Kev for the great uplift, we sure needed it.

Saturday Mike had to work, so I went to the Steven's funeral with Mike's Mom, sister & her family. It was kinda a crappy, cold day. It was a Great funeral (I never thought I would say that, but they really honored him & told his story well) I have been on a seatbelt kick now though because of it. If Steven would have been wearing his seatbelt, he might still be here with us today, with his 2 young children. What a meaningful yet sad day! Saturday night, Mike & I hung out at home with Ben & Sarah. Thanks guys for coming out & hanging with us.

Sunday was just normal, early church & Dinner with Ben, but Sarah didn't come with him because her Sister was having a Baby Boy...Congrats Sarah - You will be a great Aunt! We love you, hope to see you next week.

Let me know your thoughts on the Navy, or Seatbelt wearing, or funerals, or babies, whatever you feel like, I want to know. Let me hear from you!

No comments: