Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Diet

So I am "trying" a new diet that I have made up I guess you can say by myself. I know what you are thinking...Alicia, you are like 95 lbs. soaking wet, what do you need a diet for? Well, I will tell you. I have a flubber belly, the last month I have just not cared, I have had some "drama" in my life & have really just stop taking care of myself, so I am back & ready to get back to where I was before my "crisis." I have decided I am great with my 122 lbs, I love been over 120, so it is not my "weight" I am worried about, it is my little belly I have sticking out. Here is my new diet...let me know what you think.

I drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast for Breakfast

I drink a Slim-Fast for Lunch

Eat Dinner - Whatever we are having - Mexican, Italian, leftovers
Play DDR for an hour after work - What a workout
Take a walk with Mike & Bear in the evening
20-50 Sit-ups everynight

What do you think, Will I get rid of my flubby belly, or am I just CRAZY...Tell me about your crazy diet stories...I have a few, but they are all "to gain weight" diet stories...I will have to share those later!

2 comments:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

I think its great that you are taking an active interest in your health. I'm no expert, but I do have a few things that I want to share.

Trust me, you'll get VERY bored with eating the same thing every day. You definitely need more variety if you want success. You also need to make sure you're eating enough. Eating too little can be just as detrimental as eating too much.

You need to include cardio into your plan at least 3 times a week, this isn't just for your weight, but for your health.

In the long run, its not about the number on the scale so don't ever put too much stock into that.

I'd recommend taking a look at sparkpeople.com They have tons of resources available to help you reach your goal, whatever that may be. You can use as much or as little of what they have available. Personally I likes the sparkpoints incentives, the groups, tracking meals and exercise plans.

If you want weekly meal plans set up for you, they have that as well, including grocery shopping lists.

If you have other questions, please ask! Good luck! :)

Christy said...

Do the shakes fill you up for long? In my experience they only lasted about 2 hours and then I was super hungry again.

I do DDR workout mode for my exercise too. I think it's a good cardio!

Good Luck, keep me posted on how it's going.