Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Activities!

I had so much fun this 4th of July...I didn't think it would be possible hanging out with my in laws without my husband (Mike had to work), But we had a lot of fun.

We started the day out at 10am in Orem getting Subway Sandwiches they started up Provo Canyon to Sundance. We all goined at Sundance & drove up the Alpine & started our hike there up to Stewart Falls. It is a 1&1/2 mile hike each way. It was hard at times but once we got there it was BEAUTIFUL! Here are some pix.

We are almost there


So BEAUTIFUL



This is my Niece Alisha walking through the water to get to my Mother-in-law & I sitting on a bench!


After the falls, we hiked back down to Sundance & ate Lunch (hence the Subway Sandwiches) then drove back to up Alpine up to the Alpine Loop...It was also BEAUTIFUL up there...Here are more pix.


After that Chuck (my Brother-in-law) found out that he had a crack in a hose or something like that with his car (I am TOTALLY not a car person) So Mary (Mother-in-law) & I decided we would follow him to South Jordan (where they live) to make sure they got there okay. They had a Concert (Miley Cyrus) to get to! About half way there, they called & said they would make it okay, so we turned around & headed back up the canyon to get my car.

I got home about 7:30pm, took a shower (because we were DIRTY from the hike) & relaxed until Mike got home. When Mike got home we did some fireworks & then I ended up going to bed, because it had been a long, exhausting day for me.

Thanks to Mary, Chuck, Lori, Alisha, Shantel, Austin & Ricky Martin & family for making this 4th of July a great day for me & for all of us. I love you!

No comments: