Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5k

Time to catch up on the blog. Gavin has been sick the last couple days & I am exhausted & should go to bed because he is in bed & it will probably be another long night, but I need to catch up on this, so lets get to it!

The 5k, my 1st 5k. I didn't do good at all. It was the morning of Saturday, March 27th, 2010. It was freezing. To start, I didn't really train very good. Second, about 3 minutes in, I had an asthma attack & forgot my inhaler. I started to go back for it but then I felt better & decided that I could do it & finish. I had to walk most of it & my time was 45 minutes, but I am hoping to do better for my next one which is the Eagle Mountain 5k on June 5th. I am still trying to decide if I want to run it so we will see.

I ran this 5k with my sister-in-law & niece. They did great! Hopefully there will be a next time & I will start getting back on the training bandwagon! Enjoy the pictures!

Us before the race

At the starting line

The sea of people

Us after the race...we survived

Me running toward the finish line

No comments: