Thursday, April 22, 2010

The End of an Era!

I am FINALLY getting around to posting this. I still have other things to post, but this one doesn't require pictures, so I can do it at work!

GAVIN IS FINALLY DONE NURSING!

It is bittersweet to say, & feel. His last night was the 15th. Had I known, I would have treasured it more, but I didn't. He stopped himself. On Friday he just wouldn't take it...& we were done. He nursed for 13 Months 6 days! That is AMAZING if you ask me!

So far I have celebrated my accomplishment by getting Strep, drinking as many Dr. Pepper's as I can get my grubby hands on & eating Spicy Wings (Gavin didn't like those so much, I missed them). I am so PROUD of myself!

PS - Happy Earth Day!

2 comments:

Jason and Crystal Mabb said...

Congrats... I'm still working on Korbin and he's 10 months today but he's having a hard time giving it up...

Christy said...

That is AMAZING that you nursed that long. We only made it 8.5 months. Its hard when they are growing up, huh!