Monday, March 4, 2013

Faith Changer

This blog is private, and I am pretty sure hardly ANYONE (except Mom and Wendy) read it.  So, here goes my divine inspiration.

I have had the prompting for a while now, but the last 10 days or so it has been really strong.  Then last Saturday at the Young Women's Medallion Dinner, there was a talk given about writing down everyday where you have seen the hand of the Lord in your lives.  When you recognize it, and remember it, you will notice it more and more.  I have been on a mission the last 10 days to remember each day what has blessed me or made my day maybe a little bit better.  I have thought about how to keep a record, and really the only thing I could think of was the blog.  I don't want to create another blog because then it would be harder keeping them both up, one would fail.  And I don't want it all over Facebook.  I was thinking I could text it to myself, but on the Blog, it will get printed out and I can always remember how I was helped by the spirit...

I remember the first one I really got the impression to jot down was on Saturday, February 23rd.  I was on my way to Zumba class, Mary (Mother in law) came down to watch the boys for me and we all knew there was this big snow storm coming.  I was almost to class and the snow started, fast, and was sticking.  I made it to class safely and I was so thankful that I was safe, Mary was safe with the boys and Mike was safe at Drill.  I was worried about getting home, and when Mary would leave to get home and Mike on his way home, but we all arrived safely.  I am thankful for Mary's willingness to come watch the boys for us when I have class and Mike is at Drill Weekend.

Last week my babysitter told me she was going out of town for Spring Break so we needed to find someone to watch the boys that week.  We have someone else who can watch them, but we already knew she was out of town that same week.  I asked my mom and she checked on it, but wasn't sure it would work out.  I asked another neighbor and she was not sure they were going to be available either.  I was worried.  Mike and I can't take that time off, Mike wouldn't get paid for it and I don't have the PTO.  My sister called and said she was planning to make a trip up here to see us and it just so happened that she was thinking that same week.  She got the time off work and is planning to come up to see us and will watch the boys while she is here.  I am so thankful for her!

There have been others like when I was thinking about moving to a Selling doTERRA team but wasn't quite sure, then as soon as I prayed for guidance, my director emailed me with the info I needed to switch teams.  I took that as a sign!  And when I was sick, Mike took the boys out of the house on a Saturday and went shopping by himself at Walmart and Costco.  I am thankful for him!  All these little Tender Mercies that have happened just in February, I am so thankful for!  They keep me going, they make me be better.  I will try to be better at seeing the hand of the Lord in my life and documenting it for at least myself so that I know he knows me and loves me!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Great idea Alicia. It is pathetic sometimes how quickly we humans forget things if we don't write them down, but it is how we are. Cheers to you for keeping a record, I know it will bless you!