Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Faith Weekly Update

As promised, another {Where have I seen the Lord's hand in my life} update this week.  On Sunday, I had an unexpected Prayer answered in an unexpected way.  Mike has drill weekends once a month every month. Every drill weekend it seems like I am dragging and it is such a big issue to get to church.  Then with all the sickness we have had the last couple months, I haven't wanted to take Greyson {at least} to Nursery, because Mike and I just can't afford to take anymore time off work. So I had to teach this Sunday, and I had just randomly thought, what am I going to do next week, take Greyson to class with me and just teach?  In Young Women's they announced that I wouldn't have to teach until Easter, so whew!  I don't have to worry about being distracted with Greyson while teaching.

Monday night, I am so grateful for my knowledge of Essential Oils.  Greyson is seriously the gassiest kid I know, and randomly, he will get these hard belly, can't move, scream because it hurts so bad stomach aches.  I just put a couple drops of Digestzen on his belly a couple times every 15 minutes, and by the second dose {15 minutes later} he is happy and smiling and playing and tooting up a storm, but so better.

And again with the Oils, on Sunday I was researching Slim and Sassy {A weight loss Oil}, I don't like the oil in my drink {it is not good :)} But found out that it can be used as a sleep aid.  And trust me, it works like a charm for me!  On Sunday night I couldn't sleep so I put some on my feet and the next thing I knew my alarm was going off the next morning.  Last night we had a rough night with {the gassiest kid in the world} and after we finally got him back to bed, I couldn't sleep.  So I again rubbed some on my feet and the next think I knew, it was a couple hours later and Gavin was screaming about something.  It knocked me right out and after I calmed Gavin down and helped him out, I zonked out again until my alarm went off SEVERAL times!

Again on Sunday, I think I might have realized why I was put into my Young Women calling.  I used to be so {smart} when it came to church doctrine.  But then I got busy.  I got married, went to work, had babies, and stopped studying.  I need to get back to that place I was at before I got busy, and then learn more, and teach the Young Women, and my kidlets!  Even through all the {stuff} I have to do everyday, I needed to take time to remember that Work is just to earn money for my family, School it just to get a better career to earn money for my family, but Family, and knowledge, and faith is what I am going to take with me, so I need to take what little time I can to study, read, remember what I used to know about the scriptures and doctrine.  That would only help increase my faith and my testimony so that maybe when I teach, I don't feel like such a putts who is an idiot who shouldn't be teaching anyone anything!

I am super thankful for the times I do feel the spirit in my life, and I am thankful it is a lot!  I am thankful I know how to recognize it and that I am now starting to acknowledge it.  I am hopefully on the right path, and on the right track.

No comments: