Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hand of the Lord

I promised myself I would try to update once a week on the blog of the times I have seen the Lords hand in my life that week.  Last week was HORRIBLE.  Mike was sick Tuesday on, Gavin and Greyson were throwing up at night Tuesday and Wednesday then wouldn't eat anything really the rest of the week because they had tummy aches all the time.  Gavin's birthday was Saturday and I was busy getting ready for that.  I had Young Womens on Tuesday, a Boutique on Wednesday and it was just a BUSY week.

Threw all of that, I am thankful for Priesthood blessings and worthy Priesthood holders around me that will help when we need blessings.  Mike got a Priesthood blessing on Thursday and I believe that faith and belief in that blessing helped him get better quickly.  I am also thankful for a DR who knows us and is always helpful when we are sick or have been sick for months on end!

I bought a couple more diffusers this week to diffuse On Guard (an immunity blend doTERRA sells) to try to rid our house of sickies and to keep the sickies out when we had Gavin's Birthday party.  I am thankful that they worked from Thursday to Sunday so that we could try to keep a clean aired house!

My lesson on Sunday totally blew (probably because I had a busy week and only looked at it twice in a week) but it made me realize that without my faith in Jesus Christ, would any of this stuff we have been doing the last year or I am sure longer be possible?  I know I am super busy, and trying to juggle it all, but I can't let my personal relationship with my Heavenly Father go, because I am busy being a full time employee, student, mom, wife!  I still need to take that time to study my lessons and scriptures, not just school.

And on a final note, I will go a little bit into this week.  School has been kicking my butt.  I often think to myself, why did I decide to do this?  Then I go to work and something happens (Like I get a rude email or someone talks crap about me to my boss about how rude I am) and I remember, you need to better yourself so you can get the heck out of your crappy job!  So, I think I am the worst judge of myself ever.  I am a perfectionist and when I am not getting good grades on my test or I miss a class because I am sick, I beat myself up over it.  I have been praying for a couple months now, since I have been in school, that I will remember what I am studying and that I might apply it to my tests and assignments and come out getting a good grade in the end.  Then I bomb another Biology test, or do horrible on an Americanization quiz.  BLAH!  This is a week were I have 2 papers, and 15 sentence assignment on a topic, and 25 question quiz due yesterday.  I totally slacked and got the papers and assignment done and turned in on Monday but didn't take the test.  I had to take it last night after Young Womens.  I came home and had 50 minutes to take it. I only took about 30 minutes to take it and got a 44 out of 50!  That is the best score I have scored on my quizzes!  I am so happy!  Something is starting to settle in!  I am so thankful for the Lord's hand in my life and I hope he continues to bless me in ways he feels I need it!

1 comment:

Jami Berry said...

I totally understand how you feel about school. I started back at SLCC this semester and some days I get so frustrated and wonder why I'm even doing school, because I start to feel like life's crazy enough without it. But in the end I know that it will be totally worth it. Hang in there!