Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Faith Update

I need to start thinking of better titles...Have any for me?  Leave them in the comments?

I think I am getting worse at this {seeing the hand of the Lord in my life} thing.  I think that maybe I need to do it on a daily basis, not weekly, because as I thought about it yesterday, where I saw the hand of the Lord in my life last week, I couldn't think of any...Then that made me sad :(

But then something happened yesterday.  Another unexpected prayer I have had in my heart that was answered.  I have been feeling a lot lately that, really, why am I in my calling.  I feel like I am so wrapped up in my job, family, life, school that I really haven't given any time to these girls, I feel so lost in our meetings and at activities.  Even my last lesson was horrible.  So, I have been having a pity me party, but one of the girls reached out to me yesterday with some concerns she has in her life right now and I gave her some advice! I love these girls and I hope they all know that I am always here and would do anything for them, sometimes (especially me) it is hard to show that.

On Thursday night I was having another rough night (I get food poisoning a LOT), so I was up and down and couldn't sleep.  I was thinking about my lesson on Easter, and a thought popped into my head, so I am kind of running with it.  I hope the lesson goes well and it isn't too childish, and the girls learn something from it. 

Wow, have these posts turned into a pity me, or tell me how great I am post?  I hope not, I just really want to remember the specific times I have help in my life, and I know it came from Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am so glad you feel better about your calling, I have wondered why I was in certain callings before too, and then God gives us a little answer as to why. You never know who you are influencing, so keep up the good work!