Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend was a stressful one. Friday night Mike & I had a nice relaxing evening at home while I slept (I was tired) & he watched movies. We went to bed about 10 pm because Mike had to work at 6am on Saturday. It was an eventful night. I woke up about 1am with the worst cramps I have ever felt before. We went to the ER to find out what was wrong with me & they said that I was pregnant & about 6 weeks along, but something wasn't right with it, my body wasn't accepting it. After an emotional Saturday, I finally came to terms with my body, lost baby & Heavenly Father. I am still hurting emotionally about it, but I am at peace with what happened & know that it happened for a reason & there was nothing I could do about it, I need to stop blaming myself for it.

Saturday was also just an emotional yet relaxing day. Home Depot was very kind to give Mike the day off to be with me & I had a Priesthood Blessing which helped a lot. It seemed the more we spoke to people about it, the more we found it happened to more people then just us. Miscarriage happens to 1 in 4 pregnancies. So needless to say I don't feel so picked on. Also I have had several people with kind words or testimonies I have talked to the last couple of days that have just made me want to go on with life & move on & forward, I want to thank them for everything. Literally you have been my pillar of light the last couple days! I love you all!

This was the bruse the nurse left me with after drawing my blood!

Sunday I only made it to Sacrament meeting because I was having a hard time emotionally & with cramping & things like that, but there was a peace there that spoke to me, I just know it will be okay.

Yesterday we had a Dr. Appt. to verify that the baby has passed through me. We had to do blood work again & the nurse lets just say didn't do a very good job, she poked me 4 times before she got blood. The test doesn't come back until tomorrow & I can't wait any longer, I just want to get this weekend past me & move on with the next chapter in my life. I will let you know when the test comes back how everything is.

If you have gone through something like this or know someone who has or even if you have a kind word or thought about it, please let me know...I could use all the prayer or thoughts anyone is offering.

P.S. Mike has an exciting Blog I am going to make him post tonight, we do have some good news!

7 comments:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

I've never been through anything remotely close to this, so I can't really offer any words of empathy. I'm positive that there is no need to blame yourself here though dear.

Its so great that you have so many people that are there for you to help you through this rough time.

jeffcam said...

I'm sorry hun. I hope you're doing okay. Know that life is good and that you are truly blessed with a lot of things. I had a friend that just miscarried twice, so know that it happens to more people then just you. When the timing is right then it'll happen :)

Love ya lots,
Cambra

Kelly Hill said...

Hi Alicia. You don't know me but I'm in your ward. (Kelly Hill.... We sit on the back center row in Sacrament meeting). I found your blog on the RS website, and follow often. I hope you don't mind.

I wanted to tell you that you seem to have a really strong spirit! I'm amazed at the strength you're showing through this painful time. I know a lot of people who have had miscarriages, my sister for one. After 7-8 of trying she finally found out she was pregnant and then miscarried in the same day. It was horrible! She has been blessed with two incredible boys through adoption... what a joy!

I also know a wonderful lady in our ward who had four miscarriages and a lot of heartache before the three beautiful biological children entered their family.

Heavenly Father will bless you according to your faith. He knows your heart and your situation. Only He knows when it's right for you to enjoy the blessing of motherhood. Stay strong and keep the faith!

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, I can't even imagine what you must be feeling! You're in my prayers.

Christy said...

I am so sorry you went through this. Miscarriage is one of the most emotionally hard things, ever. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I have had my own troubles as well in my quest for motherhood. I am here if you ever need to talk!

Trisha said...

I've been through it and know how you're feeling. I'm so sorry girly, I would never wish that on anyone!! It's very painful emotionally and physically! Best wishes and like the doctors told me, the good thing is is that you know you can get pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Alicia I am so sorry. My sister in law went through this as well and I know how hard it was for her. If you ever need to talk let me know. Heavenly Father is watching over you and knows what is best. Don't give up.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.