Thursday, January 15, 2009

No Good, Very Bad Day...UPDATE!

Now that I have had 24 hours to process the news of Mike being held back, talk to many people about it & mull it over in my head...I have decided it is not as bad as I originally thought it was. So I have decided to list the things that are good about this situation!

*Mike is feeling a lot better...he is still having some twinges in his neck...but it is not as bad as Monday & Tuesday!

*It is 2 more weeks paid training for Mike.

*He gets to retake a class that he felt he didn't learn enough about.

*Mike likes his new class...they are 10x better then the last one, so he is pretty happy about that.

*With switching classes, he already knows all the teachers teaching the rest of his classes & has a good relation with them...this can only help him out.

*He will still be here before Gavin is born (hopefully).

*It isn't the end of the world...it is not as bad as I was making it seem, & the world will continue to go on even with this little bump in the road.

*He could have been pushed back further than 2 weeks but wasn't because there was an opening in the class 2 weeks behind him, that is why 2 weeks!

*We did find out today he will be graduating on the 11th of Feb., so he will hopefully get to come home either that day or the 12th, he will still be here for Valentines day (we are also going to celebrate our birthdays that day!)

*We have gone 5 months like this, 2 more weeks (12 days really) is going to be nothing...a walk in the park for us...we will get through this!

There you go...there are my positives! And let me tell you, I feel SO much better now that I have gotten over this little glitch! I don't feel so twisted inside! We will do this!

2 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

You're incredible! This is always the trick, no matter what the terrible situation... to find the positives that are inevitably out there, and to focus on those! Way to go, Alicia. Things will work out!!

Unknown said...

You are so right...it will all work out and the Lord works in mysterious ways to make sure we are takin care of and that things go as smoothly as possible. I am sure there are so many unknowns as to why it all happened like this, but it will be all good! Love ya