Monday, June 29, 2009

Jackson Hole

I just wanted to update the blog really quick before I hit the sack. Gavin & I went to Jackson Hole last weekend. All by ourselves...Friday morning we woke up at 5am, I feed Gavin & we were off. Mike got home from work just in time to see us off. I still can't believe that Home Depot wouldn't let him go with us, but we had a great time & he got to sleep without having to worry about taking care of Gavin.

We got up to McCammon in Idaho at 9am & I feed Gavin there & then we made it the rest of the way to the camp site by 11:30am. When we got there it was Raining & yucky but by noon, it had turned into a beautiful day. We had decided to go into Jackson that afternoon & piddle around there. After we got back to Camp, it had started to rain again, but only rained for about 30 minutes or so...nothing bad at all...that is when Gavin got his best sleep. There was a group of rafters across the camp site from us & the rangers were there on Friday talking to them. We saw them packing up & thought that the rangers were kicking them out because they had a ton of people in there site, so we went down to the camp hosts to buy that camp site for the night so I could park my car. We got talking to the camp hosts & they said that they had an accident & a leader fell in the river & didn't come back up in time. We stopped at there camp site on the way back & asked what happened, they said that they went through a rapid & 4 fell out. The leader didn't come back up in time & when he did, wasn't breathing. They rushed him to the hospital, but it didn't look it! It broke my heart...If you are going to to White Water Rafting on the Snake River, please know what you are doing. A friend of mine said he fell out on the Rapid "Three Ordeal" which is not a safe rapid it all. It has the saying..."If it's high, you die, if it's low, no go!" We looked over the weekend to see if there was anything reported, but couldn't find anything.

Saturday no one wanted to go on the river...we had all had our fear level taken up a notch to hear about the leader in that group, so we played around camp & had nice family time & packed up to go home. It was a rough ride home...one that I don't plan on doing again without someone. Thanks so much to my mommy for riding with me from Brigham City to Lehi...I don't know what I would have done without you. Love you & thanks for the great weekend! Enjoy the pictures.


Playing Cards around Camp


Ben playing in the fire


Jason & Gavin


Kammi & I in all my baby fat glory


Love this picture of Gavin! What a cutie!


One of the souvenirs I bought in Jackson for Gavin - His hat says, My First Vacation, Jackson Hole


Gavin sleeping in his huge warm sleeper & BYU Comforter


Gavin in Jackson

No comments: