Monday, June 1, 2009

Crying over split milk!

I have been saving all my posts for when we became a private blog...which is now...so be prepared to be bombarded with posts of the last 2 weeks. On the 15th (Friday) I was so excited to leave work...I pump 4 times a day at work to keep up my milk supply & have a good storage here for the LG. I was on my last pump...so excited to be done pumping for the weekend & go home to spend the weekend with my boys! I drove home, was bumping to the music, excited to be home that when I got home I was so distracted. I was playing on the computer, hanging out with Gavin because I hadn't seen him all day & giving Mike a break before he had to go to work. We had a good weekend...not thinking anything about anything.
Saturday night we cleaned the house & we have a method in our house now that when I come home from work & put the pumped milk away we put it in sandwich bags because we have had quite a few bags leak, so this saves us the wasted milk. So back to cleaning the house, I was cleaning the kitchen & noticed that there was some sandwich bags out on the counter & I kept thinking...where did these bags come from, why are they on the counter? Didn't think anything else about it & went on our marry weekend way.
Monday morning Gavin slept for the first time for 7 hours straight, so we were excited but had to change our normal morning routine, so I was rushing to get ready & get a feeding in for him before I left. I was getting my pumping stuff & bags ready & was wondering where my bag & icepacks were...they were still in the pumping bag, so I pulled them out & realized that I didn't put the milk I pumped on Friday away in the freezer! UGH!!!! I wasted like 16 or so ounces! I was so upset I cried all the way to work & then some. Even after work when Mike brought I up to me & apologized I started crying again. I had more then enough milk for Gavin to get through the day, but it is not the most comfortable thing in the world to pump.
I have had lots of thinking time since then to realize that everything worked out the way it should have, so now it is just a funny story, but I haven't forgotten about my milk since then.

No comments: